- Wargames, Soldiers and Strategy issue 90: the “Irregular” column, on running a wargames club
- Miniature Wargaming 399: Partizan 2016 show review and photos
Too Fat Lardies
- Modelling Continuous Exposure to Combat in IABSM: Reflecting the effects of prolonged combat in AABSM (Christmas 2013)
- Fine Tuning IABSM: How to adjust the balance of scenarios (Christmas 2017)
- If You Go Down To The Woods Today: Terrain in Dux Britanniarum (Summer 2013)
- 4d6 Shades Of Green: Terrain in Dux Raiders (Christmas 2014)
- IABSM Lite: shorter IABSM scenario design for club nights (Lard Mag 01)
- Out of the Frying Pan: 3-way scenario for IABSM set in Normandy (Christmas 2016)
- Valle della Marie: Italy 1944 IABSM scenario (Summer 2017)
- San Pietro: Italy 1944 IABSM scenario (Lard Mag 01)
My gaming blog is at Trouble At T’Mill. It has well over a thousand posts on various aspects of the hobby, including a number of how-to series and fiction pieces:
- To Britain’s Shores: A series of reports for a Dux Britanniarum (Too Fat Lardies) campaign, written as a piece of continuing fiction.
- A Horse Of A Different Colour: A series on the genetics (and painting) of horse coats.
- Heraldry: A beginner’s guide to the terminology and usage of heraldry.
- Probability For Wargames: Various articles on understanding basic (and not so basic) examples of probability and chance in the context of wargaming.
- Colour Concepts: how we perceive colour, and how that translates to painting and photography (ongoing)
- Setting Up A Blog: a newcomer’s guide to setting up a blog using Blogger (ongoing)
- Photographing Miniatures: explaining concepts in photography (ongoing)
My RPG blog is at The Sage DM, predominantly focusing on DMing D&D 5th Edition from the point of view of someone who last played 2nd :D.
- “The Oak The Rowan and the Wild Rose”: self-produced cassette (songwriter, arranger, inlay design)
- “Shattered Dreams”: self-produced CD/cassette (songwriter, arranger, inlay design)
- Phoenix, “Dancing Flames”: cassette (guitar, songwriter, vocals, producer)
- Phoenix, “Into The Fire”: CD (guitar, songwriter, vocals, producer, artwork, duplication management)
- Americana: demos (live recording, mixdown)
- Divisionists, “We Play Rock Music”: EP (bass, overdub engineer)
- Divisionists, “Daybreak”: vinyl LP (bass, vocal overdub engineer)
- Lawrence Dean, “Labyrinth of Shadows”: CD (producer, artwork, inlay design, duplication management)
- Erica Neely, “Not Everybody Dies”: CD (inlay design)
- Clive Murray, “Earthman”: CD (inlay design, duplication management)
- Andy John Smith: demo recordings (producer, arranger)
- Before the Dawn: Fantasy rock musical performed at London World SF convention (guitars, musical director, writer)